Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Catholicism vs Protestantism Philosophy of Life

My wife, also a convert, wrote this after contemplating how her view of life changed as a Catholic. 


   Protestantism - Earthly life is painful and quickly passing away.  People are wretched and sinful.  But I have God to help me get through until I die, at which time I will go directly to heaven and never have any connection to this dreadful existence again.

    Catholicism - Earthly life, though at times painful is always filled with goodness and beauty because God created it and is in the midst of it.  People are created in the image of God and therefore have the potential for infinite goodness.  As we walk through this life with God we cooperate with Him by offering up our pain and giving thanks always and everywhere until the day we die; at which time we hope to spend eternity with Him, always connected to those we love in heaven and on earth.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Potamieana said...

Absolutely wonderful wording.

My nephew is Episcopalian and attending a Christian high school. I would love to show him this explanation and let us talk about it. I will do it!

He is taking a course in Apologetics, and showed me his textbook. There was no mention at all of any Catholic scholar, esp St Thomas Aquinas. The "Uncaused Cause" explanation of God was attributed to the man who invented Calculus in the 1600's. I couldn't believe that all the contributions that Catholics made to theology were ignored.

What a different world view we have. Catholics invite intellectual discussion and exploration of ideas.

Happy New Year!

January 03, 2016 8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis