Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Gig At the Little Sisters of the Poor



Mother Maureen, the Mother Superior of the Little Sisters of the Poor invited me to perform for the residents of their home for the poor and aged in Scranton. It was a beautiful experience to watch the sisters caring for the residents and my heart was in my throat as I thought what might happen if they lose their Supreme Court case. If President Obama forces them to pay the fines for not agreeing to violate their conscience, they will be out of business in no time. Is the government really ready to house, clothe, feed and care for all these frail elderly folks throughout the country?
   On a happier note, the residents and sisters loved the show and Mother Maureen described my show as "Sublime."  I played songs such as Scarecrow's Lament on an open-tuned guitar and Jesu Joy of Man's Desire on the autoharp. I also played ukulele, hammer dulcimer and dobro.  An elderly women came up to me at the end and thanked me profusely saying "it was the best show in my entire life." Given her age of at least 85, that's going in my press kit!  An added treat was my wife Deborah joining me on vocals for my new song "Story of My Soul."
   Continue to pray for the Little Sisters and if the Lord lays it on your heart, send them a few quid here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis