Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Friday, April 18, 2014

Denier, Betrayer, Faithful Follower: Holy Week People


As I sat in Mass of the Lord's Supper last night I thought about the different people surrounding Jesus in the last three days of his earthly life and who I would like to be like. Surely I'm not like Judas the betrayer-no I would never sell the Lord out. Nor Peter. How could I deny him three times the way the weak flawed apostle did? But there was one follower who I pray to be more like. The one follower who followed him to the cross and stood at his bruised and pierced feet who did not let fear of death rule her actions-Mary.
   On this Good Friday, as I meditate on the cross, Lord, let me be more like your mother. Give me the strength and grace to not deny you and betray you by my sinful, willful and weak choices. Give me the grace to take up my cross always, and follow you. Rather than avoid the weight of my cross, help me to lean into the wood of my cross, bearing all the weight that you have deemed beneficial for my sanctification.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis