Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

The Feast of the Annunciation: Not Just For Catholics!

This is a Marian feast that our non-Catholic brothers and sisters can celebrate with us today.  Why not reflect with us on one of the most glorious moments in salvation history?  The Universal Church has publicly celebrated this day from as early as the beginning of the fifth century and surely it is right and good to take some time out today to remember the events of this momentous event. Mary, the New Eve said "yes" to God and untied the knot of disobedience that the First Eve tied with her disobedience, as Saint Irenaeus (2nd century) tells us.  I spent most of my life not contemplating this mystery nor did I call Mary blessed. I want to be in that generation that calls her blessed. "  (Luke 1:48)
   Perhaps you would like to listen to this song and reflect on Mary's role in our salvation today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis