Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Saturday, March 22, 2014

Saint Francis vs. Luther-Compare and Contrast

AMEN, AMEN I say  to this Catholic blogger R. Hamilton and her post regarding the vitriolic criticism of Pope Francis from Catholics!  I was shocked to see some Catholics calling Pope Francis "Pope Bozo" and other such disrespectful terms. I had a friend on facebook who glibly stated after the election of Pope Francis: "I guess heresy won't be stamped out any time soon now."  When Catholics publicly criticize the pope they are skating dangerously close to the theological hole in the ice called Protestantism. Some, not all, traditional Catholics who regulary criticize the pope and denigrate him are following a long line (about 500 years) of people who have declared themselves their own pope. Sadly these folks believe they are sincere Catholics but ultimately are behaving as followers of Luther.
   Did Saint Francis of Assisi criticize the pope when he was told to "hit the road?" by the pope? (See my post on this topic) No, he did not and look at the ultimate fruit of his obdedience and respect for the pope. Now, look at the fruit of Luther's criticism of the pope. Compare and contrast and it will become evident where faithful Catholics need to be regarding their attitudes towards our holy father.

(Overlooking Assisi)

1 Comments:

Blogger kkollwitz said...

Peter was no prize; but he was the pope.

March 23, 2014 10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis